Tempo em Setúbal

quarta-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2011

O tempo na voz de Elvis Presley (8)



Twenty Days And Twenty Nights lyrics
.
I left my home up in the hill far behind me
I left my wife with unpaid bills, she can't find me
I'm trying out the world for size, find that it's not paradise, it's lonely
Now for twenty days and twenty nights I've been alone
And that ain't right without her

City ways are strange to me, I can't make it
For it's not like it ought to be, I can't take it
Gotta face the truth one day, man can't always run away from trouble
No, now for twenty days and twenty nights I've been a fool
And that ain't right, without her

One day soon I'm going back, where she still minds me
And then out of line and off the track, but that's behind me
I fooled around and did it well, but I just couldn't ring the bell , without her, no
It's taken twenty days and twenty nights to prove me wrong and make her right
Twenty days and twenty nights I was wrong and she was right, all along

Oh, I miss her
Oh, how I miss her, oh how I miss her, oh how I miss her
.
{ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/elvis-presley-lyrics/twenty-days-and-twenty-nights-lyrics.html }
.
.
.
Jackiej61too | 9 de Fevereiro de 2010 | utilizadores que gostaram deste vídeo, 0 utilizadores que não gostaram deste vídeo
Elvis Presley Until Its Time For You To Go
Written by Buffy Sainte-Marie. Elvis recorded it on June 8, 1971 at RCAs Nashville Studios, but some say it was recorded May 17, 1971. The single reached #40 on Billboards Hot 100 chart and stayed for 9 weeks. It reached #68 on the country chart and stayed for 2 weeks, and reached #9 on the Easy-Listening chart, where it stayed for 7 weeks. It is the A-side to We Can Make the Morning. It is available on Elvis-A Canadian Tribute, Elvis Now, Walk a Mile in My Shoes-The Essential 70s Masters, and The 50 Greatest Love Songs, which is where this version is from.
Until It's Time For You To Go lyrics
(words & music by Buffy Sainte-Marie)
.
You're not a dream
You're not an angel
You're a woman
I'm not a king,
I'm a man,
Take my hand
We'll make a space
In the lives that we planned
And here we'll stay
Until it's time for you to go
Yes, we're diff'rent worlds apart
We're not the same
We laughed and played
At the start like in a game
You could have stayed
Outside my heart
But in you came
And here you'll stay
Until it's time for you to go
Don't ask why,
Don't ask how
Don't ask forever,
Love me now
This love of mine
Had no beginning
It has no end
I was an oak,
Now I'm a willow
Now I can bend
And tho' I'll never
In my life see you again
I still stay
Until it's time for you to go.
. 
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/elvis-presley-lyrics/until-it_s-time-for-you-to-go-lyrics.html ]
.
 
 
.
purelistener | 25 de Dezembro de 2006 | utilizadores que gostaram deste vídeo, 7 utilizadores que não gostaram deste vídeo
Elvis Presley - Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues
Recorded: 1973/12/13, first released on "Good Times" album 1974
(Words & Music: Danny O'Keefe)

Lyrics:
.
Everybody's gone away
Said they're movin to L.A.
There's not a soul I know around
Everybody's leavin' town

Some caught a freight, some caught a plane
Found the sunshine in the rain
They said this town's will waste their time
I guess they're right, it's wasting mine

Some gotta win, some gotta lose
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Good time Charlie's got the blues

You know my heart keeps tellin' me
You're not a kid at thirty-three
Play around you'll lose your wife
You play it too long you'll lose your life

Some gotta win, some gotta lose
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Good time Charlie's got the blues

Some gotta win, some gotta lose
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Good time Charlie's got the blues
Good time Charlie's got the blues
.
.

Sem comentários:

Ilusionismo Quadrilátero

ILUSIONISMO
.

* Victor Nogueira .
.
Ele há um tempo p’ra tudo na vida
Cantando hora, minuto, segundo;
Por isso sempre existe uma saída
Enquanto nós estivermos neste mundo.
.
Há um tempo para não fenecer
Há mar, sol, luar e aves com astros
Há uma hora p'ra amar ou morrer
E tempo para não se ficar de rastos.
.
P'ra isso e' preciso sabedoria
Em busca dum bom momento, oportuno,
Com ar, bom vinho, pão e cantoria,
Sem se confundir a nuvem com Juno.
.
1991.08.11 - SETUBAL