Tempo em Setúbal

sexta-feira, 11 de março de 2011

O tempo na voz de Eva Cassidy (2)


.
De: | Criado: 29/05/2009
In tribute to Eva Cassidy and in celebration of Summer. This song can be found on the newly released "Somewhere" album available from the Cassidy family websites listed below or on Amazon.com.- Summertime
.
Summertime and the living is easy
Fish are jumping and the cotton's high
Your dad is rich and your mom?s good looking
So hush little baby, baby, don?t you cry

One of these mornings you?re gonna rise up singing
Then you?ll spread your wings and you?ll take to the sky
But till that morning there ain?t nothing can harm you
With daddy and mommy, mommy standing by


One of these mornings you?re gonna rise up singing
Then you?ll spread your wings and you?ll take to the sky
But till that morning there ain?t nothing can harm you
With daddy and mommy, mommy standing by
So hush little baby, baby don?t you cry

.
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/summertime-lyrics-eva-cassidy.html ]
.
.
De: | Criado: 22/12/2007
Eva Cassidy singing her most soulful song ever: Blues in the night. The way she employs her voice in this song is mesmerising.
.
.
My mama done tol' me,
When I was in knee pants,
My mama done tol' me,
Son! A woman'll sweet talk
And give ya the big eye;
But when the sweet talkin's done,
A woman's a two face
A worrisome thing
Who'll leave ya t'sing
The blues in the night

Now the rain's a fallin',
Hear the train a collin'
Whoo-ee (my mama done tol' me)
Hear dat lonesome whistle
Blowin' cross the trestle,
Whoo-ee (my mama done tol' me)
A whoo-ee-duh-whoo-ee, ol' clickety clack's
A echoin' back th' blues in the night

The evenin' breeze'll start the trees to cryin'
And the moon'll hide its light
When you get the blues in the night

Take my word, the mockin' bird'll
Sing the saddest kind o' song
He knows things are wrong and he's right
From Natchez to Mobile,
From Memphis to St. Joe,
Wherever the four winds blow,
I been in some big towns,
An' heard me some big talk,
But there is one thing I know
A woman's a two face,
A worrisome thing
Who'll leave ya t'sing the blues in the night
My mama was right, there's blues in the night
.
.http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Blues-in-the-Night-lyrics-Eva-Cassidy/A8A491B4C232345A48256C17001FB91A
.
 .
.
De: | Criado: 24/12/2008
Slideshow of Eva Cassidy's Life and Artwork with Her Inspirational Song Time After Time
.
.
 Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
And think of you
Caught up in circles confusion--
Is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights--
Almost left behind
Suitcases of memories,
Time after--

Sometimes you picture me--
I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear
What you've said--
Then you say--go slow--
I fall behind--
The second hand unwinds

Chorus:
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time

After my picture fades and darkness has
Turned to gray
Watching through windows--you're wondering
If I'm OK
Secrets stolen from deep inside
The drum beats out of time--

Chorus:
If you're lost...
You said go slow--
I fall behind
The second hand unwinds--

Chorus:
If you're lost......Time after time
Time after time ,Time after time,Time after time 
..
.
 http://www.lyrics007.com/Eva%20Cassidy%20Lyrics/Time%20After%20Time%20Lyrics.html
.
.

.
.
De: | Criado: 21/07/2008
Eva cassidy - Ain't no sunshine...
.
Ain't No Sunshine lyrics
Songwriters: Withers, Bill;
Ain't no sunshine when he's gone
It's not warm when he's away
Ain't no sunshine when he's gone
And he's always gone too long
Anytime he goes away

I wonder this time where he's gone
Wonder how long he's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when he's gone
And this house just ain't no home
Anytime he goes away

Well, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
I know when he's gone, always gone too long
Anytime he goes away, anytime he goes away
Anytime he goes
.
.
[. From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/e/eva-cassidy-lyrics/ain_t-no-sunshine-lyrics.html .]
.
.

Sem comentários:

Ilusionismo Quadrilátero

ILUSIONISMO
.

* Victor Nogueira .
.
Ele há um tempo p’ra tudo na vida
Cantando hora, minuto, segundo;
Por isso sempre existe uma saída
Enquanto nós estivermos neste mundo.
.
Há um tempo para não fenecer
Há mar, sol, luar e aves com astros
Há uma hora p'ra amar ou morrer
E tempo para não se ficar de rastos.
.
P'ra isso e' preciso sabedoria
Em busca dum bom momento, oportuno,
Com ar, bom vinho, pão e cantoria,
Sem se confundir a nuvem com Juno.
.
1991.08.11 - SETUBAL